Schluter®-RENO-TK is designed to provide a smooth transition from tile coverings to floor coverings at lower elevations, typically carpet.
The profile is available in stainless steel, solid brass, and anodized aluminum. RENO-TK features a trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg, which is secured in the mortar bond coat beneath the tile, and a sloped surface to eliminate trip hazards and protect tile edges. The 1/4" (6 mm) channel beneath the sloped flange of the profile hides and protects the cut edge of lower adjoining surface coverings. All sizes of the RENO-TK are compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
RENO-TK, in anodized aluminum, features an integrated joint spacer that establishes a defined joint cavity between the tile and the profile.
The anchoring leg of RENO-TK, in solid brass and anodized aluminum, sizes 60 to 100, is available with a special radius perforation “R” so that the profile can be used to form curves.
Note: The anchoring Schluter®-RENO-TK is available with a special radius perforation so that the profile can be used to form curves. (Click Here )
- price surcharge: $0.70 per foot.
- available in all material except stainless steel
- stocked sizes:: 6mm (1/4") - 10mm (3/8")
- Item No.: R/Profile No. (e.g. R/ATK 100 AMB)
1. Select the profile according to tile thickness and format.
2. Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar to the area where the profile is to be placed.
3. Press the perforated anchoring leg of the profile into the mortar and align.
4. Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
5. Solidly embed the tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the top of the profile; the profile should not be higher than the tiled surface, but rather up to approx. 1/32" (1 mm) lower.
6. Set the tile to the integrated joint spacer, which ensures a uniform joint of 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm). With the stainless steel profiles, leave a space of approximately 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm).
7. Fill the joint completely with grout or setting material.
8. Remove grout or mortar residue from the visible surface of the profile.
The Schluter®-RENO-TK requires no special maintenance or care and is resistant to mold and fungi. Clean the profile using common household cleaning agents.
Stainless steel surfaces exposed to the environment or aggressive substances should be cleaned periodically using a mild household cleaner. Regular cleaning maintains the neat appearance of stainless steel and reduces the risk of corrosion. All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid and chlorides. Stainless steel surfaces develop a sheen when treated with a chrome-polishing agent.
Oxidation films on exposed solid brass or aluminum can be removed by using a conventional polishing agent, but will form again.
In the case of anodized aluminum do not use abrasive cleaning agents.