- 90° Outside corner
Variant: DIADEC - K
Schluter®-DIADEC is a finishing and edge-protection profile for outside corners of tiled surfaces. The reveal of the profile forms a 45° beveled edge. DIADEC features an integrated joint spacer that establishes a defined joint cavity between the tile and the profile.
1. Select profile according to tile thickness and format.
2. Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar over the area where the profile will be placed. If the DIADEC profile is to be used as edging for an outside wall corner, finish tiling one wall first; then trowel thin-set mortar over the corner area of the second wall.
3. Press the perforated anchoring leg of the profile into the mortar.
4. Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
5. Solidly embed the tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the top of the profile; the profile should not be higher than the tiled surface, but rather up to approx. 1/32" (1 mm) lower.
6. Set the tile to the integrated joint spacer, which ensures a uniform joint of 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm).
7. Fill the joints completely with grout or setting material.
8. Work with materials and tools that will not scratch or damage sensitive surfaces. Setting materials must be removed immediately, especially from anodized aluminum.
Note: A matching outside corner is available and fits all sizes of DIADEC. Corners are held in place with thin-set mortar. Fill the ends of the profile with thin-set mortar prior to inserting the accessories.
The Schluter®-DIADEC profile requires no special maintenance or care and is resistant to mold and fungi. Clean profile using common household cleaning agents. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents.